EVM 0.00% 10.0¢ enviromission limited

I dunno if this link will work but it puts forward some...

1. 1,753 Posts.
    I dunno if this link will work but it puts forward some interesting ideas about solar power in general and the need for disruptive technologies to assist solar on its journey as a serious power source ( frankly it's a laughable percentage right now).

BB this stuff is probably old hat to you.

Basically the rough idea is that the spread of solar power will reduce the value of electrucity in general making it harder for solar to compete financially - especially after the daylight power requirements are largely met ( decades away I reckon) .

This will mean that time shifting the usage of electricity to after dark becomes critically important.

Yes batteries, batteries!! BUT they cost a bomb and will need to become exponentially ( almost) cheaper as the price of power declines.

Enter EVM ( play fanfare now) with its built in after dark power generation and it's already low Levellised Cost Of Energy.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/18/11415510/solar-power-costs-innovation?

Here's a little quote ..

Thanks to a little-discussed phenomenon known as "value deflation," the electricity generated by solar panels gets less and less valuable as more panels come online. The corollary is that over time, solar panels continuously need to get much, muchcheaper if we want them to scale up significantly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.