WAK 9.09% 5.0¢ wa kaolin limited

MJC212 My interest in K99C, near ore and delaminated K99P...

1. 4,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1226
    MJC212

My interest in K99C, near ore and delaminated K99P relates to focusing on products that do not require fine-grained kaolin. That is, let the nature of the ore determine the nature of products that WAK sells. Fine-grained K99F does not suit the morphology of WAK's ore – although the purity is the factor that is a huge positive, and that is what makes K99F viable as a byproduct for fine-particle kaolin left behind ("fractionated" is the term used in the kaolin beneficiation sector).

It was the June Presentation that stated, "Planned entry into the high premium paper market (via unique processing circuit R&D)". The time slot was 2024, which suggests pilot production and small-scale market testing in 2024. Andrew Sorensen mentioned 2026 is when a delaminated product would be sold at commercial volume. The FY2023 Financial Report stated:

WA Kaolin is also currently exploring a novel low capex processing method for premium fine particle size kaolin, which may utilise the kaolin processed via the K99 Process as feedstock instead of raw ore. The Directors consider that this novel processing method could significantly lower the cost of entering the premium paper and packing market.

The Company is primarily focused on establishing itself as the preferred supplier of high-grade premium kaolin products globally through:

• Completing its scaled-up processing plant in East Wickepin, utilising the K99 Process;
    • progressive increase in production to circa 200,000 tonnes per annum;
    • expansion of production capacity at the Wickepin plant to 400,000 tonnes per annum through the installation of a second stage of production equipment on a date yet to be determined;
    • negotiation of sales agreements for product on suitable commercial terms with acceptable counterparties; and
    • investment in further processing expansion including the construction of an additional wet processing plant to produce product suitable for use in premium paper and packaging markets and/or an expansion program for the construction of an additional processing plant to significantly increase production capacity utilising the K99 Process.
    The 2026 date may relate to the expected reconnection of the rail link to the State railway grid in 2026, which may slip. The viability study undertaken by Agonise and Jacobs Australia covering the Narrogin-Kulin and Narrogin-Wickepin lines should be finished by now, but I have not seen anything to that effect. The first 20km of track from Narrogin is common, then there is a fork – one line to Kulin and another to Wickeden. The Wedin railway siding is on the line to Kulin, but Wedin and Wickepin are the about the same distance by road from the mine site.

WAK owns land at the Wedin railway siding, and it has permits for a slurry pipeline to Wedin. Whether that pipeline ever gets built is another issue, but pumping 99% K99 feedstock down a slurry line is not a demanding project, because it would be a non abrasive slurry. Exporting near-ore in bulk would require a more robust pipeline. Management has said almost nothing about exporting ore, but it is on the agenda. Anyhow, this is too iffy and too far in the future to concern us now. With a multi-decade life of mine, a slurry pipeline to Wedin in future makes sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
-0.005(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $21.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.3¢ 5.0¢ $15.13K 292.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 48491 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 64829 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.2¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 3.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.3¢ 5.3¢ 5.0¢ 70720
Last updated 13.41pm 03/05/2024 ?
WAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.