speaking of Anzac day - both gf and myself want to go to...

1. 81,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    speaking of Anzac day - both gf and myself want to go to Türkiye, neither have been. I'd love to do a road trip to there - but, we don't think we could spend so much time - 3 months would be about right to travel at the pace we like to travel. One finds it difficult to get a block so big clear now - I find that life gets in the way of such clear blocks of time.
    Unless one wants to fly back for appointments for a day or two then fly back and resume the car travel.

I still can't get away from the love of the car - or camper and go purely to fly in and look about. One look at the map says - it'd be a wonderful road trip, taking time, stopping unplanned.

I've had good experiences with every Turk I've met. No idea how it is there now after Erdoğan, who has been very very quiet lately.

Fascinating nation, even when we were trying to kill them and they were trying to kill us, there was a respect - and, I think they probably liked each other - when they weren't trying to shoot each other. Anyway - it's a long drive. Would spend quite a while in Slovenia on the way and there's a lot of other places that would require stops for days

Screenshot 2024-04-25 124243.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.