LTR 3.91% $1.33 liontown resources limited

I agree with your general view. However, you make a common...

1. 210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    I agree with your general view. However, you make a common mistake by pretending that all your points contribute to the same conclusion. Some of them necessarily cancel out:
    From a technical point of view, lithium is the most effective chemical element for ion-batteries. If you substitute lithium by other element (e.g., sodium) you are losing performance (more weight, less energy density, etc.). So the only reason to employ other elements instead of lithium are economic (a too expensive lithium price). If you forecast lithium price to remain cheap (your point 4), then the EV industry won't replace it by any other element (point 5). These assumptions you make won't work together to the same conclusion. Either lithium remains cheap and its demand for batteries will grow, or its price will go higher before its demand decreases due to its substitution by other elements.
    If you make a survey on current research and advances in batteries, you'd notice that the only justification for developments on batteries employing other elements is that lithium is becoming expensive. But no research on lithium-free batteries is proclaiming superior performance. On the contrary, most research is focused on improving lithium batteries. And it seems that they will employ more lithium in the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.33
Change
0.050(3.91%)
Mkt cap ! $3.224B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.33 $1.27 $9.997M 7.627M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22998 $1.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.33 199185 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.32
  Change
0.050 ( 3.35 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.27 $1.32 $1.27 1659246
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.