Yeah, I think there is a case for renting once you have become...

1. 2,687 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Yeah, I think there is a case for renting once you have become an owner if you choose to. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to go back to my days of renting, particularly now when there is a rental crisis etc.
    I think if you have a cheap rental AND you invest most of your disposable income wisely there may be a rationale there. Rentvestors come to mind or people that regularly contribute to ETFs outside of super and salary sacrifice to super etc.

I would consider renting in the following circumstances

1) if moving to an area with a high buy in price, I would probably consider renting in the area first, in particular if it was in a region or state I was unfamiliar with

2) renting and claiming part of my house for taxable purposes, business, home office etc. I dont do that now so dont really know much about it except that if you claim that on your PPOR, it will impact the CGT free status of the PPOR. Probably more relevant for people or a couple who work from home now (COVID)

Regarding gold, well I am still a precious metals bull, tangible assets are my favourite. I dont talk too much about what PMs I am buying, not when I am accumulating. I was fortunate enough to start early.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.