Just to add to the above story, this is part of the email...

1. 11,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1708
    Just to add to the above story, this is part of the email received from booking.com re the new booking

"L'Ulivo Sul Mare has been in touch with us today regarding your reservation 955.......4. Unfortunately L'Ulivo Sul Mare won’t be able to honour this reservation and accommodate you on the dates of your planned stay. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

"Although your new reservation at Hotel La Carruba will be more expensive than your original reservation, we will refund the difference between the rates to you. Simply send us your receipts after your stay, and we will arrange reimbursement as quickly as possible."
    "If you incur any additional costs as a result of this situation, please send us your receipts and we will do our best to offer adequate compensation."
    "We’re sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused and are ready to answer any additional questions you may have. We’re here to help 24/7."

I do not believe that you can get better service than that. I will continue to use booking.com for my next European holiday shortly.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.