AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Avanco: Brazil copper-gold project commissioning poised to start

1. 598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 736
    This week's media release picked up by BNAmericas (subscriber investment publication)

Avanco: Brazil copper-gold project commissioning poised to start

By Frederico Barbosa - Friday, February 26, 2016

Brazil-focused exploration and development company Avanco Resources said commissioning of a fully integrated plant at its high-grade Antas North iron-copper-gold project is targeted to begin mid-March, with ramp-up to follow.

Activities on Antas North continue on schedule and within budget, the company said in a release.

Avanco said that operational readiness is well advanced, with mine and plant crews on 24-hour operation.

"The mine operations are performing well with ~52,000t of ore grading ~2.1% copper and 0.7g/t gold extracted from the pit," the release said.

According to the miner, 26,000t of ore has been crushed and stockpiled ahead of the grinding circuit. In addition, a large amount of chalcopyrite high-grade copper ore is currently being delivered to the ROM ready for blending.

The project's ball mill electro-mechanicals have been completed. Grinding balls have been loaded and the mill operated for about four hours.

Flotation feed stock tank is commissioned, is currently full of slurry and awaiting commencement of flotation. Completion of flotation electro-mechanicals is likely to occur before month end, and wet commissioning of the flotation and thickening units are expected to commence early March.

Avanco said that a [Finnish construction and mining services company] Metso representative is expected to arrive in early-March to assist in the commissioning of the filter.

In 2015, Avanco was awarded a mining license for an open pit and mine infrastructure. Avanco expects the asset to produce about 12,000t/y of copper and associated gold in concentrates.

It owns or holds the rights to 100% of six exploration properties (Rio Verde, Serra Verde, Agua Boa, Pedra Branca, Trindade North and Carajas North), held through its Brazilian subsidiaries.

Avanco is headquartered in Australia.

http://subscriber.bnamericas.com/Su...r-gold-project-commissioning-poised-to-start/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.