AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Avanco rebels vow to rejectOZ Minerals’ $418m takeover, page-4

1. 10,590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6068
    Have people thought about what might happen rather than just following the script according to the fear factor being instilled by both boards?

How about this for a scenario? OZL get to 40% and if they are to be believed the asserts of AVB will solve their pipeline problems so they happily stay on as a major share holder who wants to accumulate. Blackrock is gone, Appian is gone, the AVB board is spilled and we get rid of those without the skill set to complete the tasks in hand (some but not all directors).

We go out and find an independent Chair with finance experience ( I do believe they had almost done this). The director's get to cash in their options and AVB receives $15 million in the bank. Now AVB can easily raise a loan to build Centro and it produces ball park $500 million free cash in first 3 years, PB is built as a 50,000 tonne plant after getting on with drilling out Cannaa West, Pantera is drilled out and we find that there is scope for another 50,000 tonne plus plant. The gossip is that Pantera is twice the size of Pedra Branca minimum. If there isn't enough deposit to fund the loan for Centro do a tiny cap raise offering holders first at 20c. I'll take up mine.

I've been locked in for the past 7 years awaiting this value. It's why I invested and did the hard yards. Being 'locked in' for another 3 years is not a problem when the upside is so extreme.

Now the Avanco board:

TP, put him on a retainer to assist with the maintenance of relationships and send him home to Perth in the interim with a gold watch. He has done great things but also fallen well short in others. He is not the CEO we need going forward
    Vern Tidy, why was he ever there? Get rid of him.
    Paul Chapman? Unsure, maybe we need a heavier hitter.
    Luis Azevedo, a keeper.
    SM, a keeper.
    Luis Ferraz, maybe a keeper (connections) or retained as a consultant.
    Put on a seventh who will be Chair.

Make sure the 4 new directors are independent and that the Chair has the experience to take the company forward.

Oh, and then start communicating to share holders and keeping them informed about how projects are going so that they can make informed decisions about their investment in the company. The lack of news in the past 6 months has been remarkable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.