AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Everyone's situation is different I believe. Not un-naturally I...

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Everyone's situation is different I believe.

Not un-naturally I would like to see a higher bid, there seems to be scope, but in the event that one does not emerge, I fully intend as directors recommend, to accept the OZL offer. Sadly the spectre of shareholders trying to band together to exercise some sort of intimidatory power again, should help to ensure that another bid does not happen... (poison pills are a negative not a positive).

The AVB worth is not a Valuation or HC opinion.. it is what someone is prepared to pay. That is also a function of Demand.

My holding with family and company is near 10 million shares. I have business friends who also bought after I tipped them into AVB a while ago. Don't know how many but it would likely be in the several millions of shares. They are delighted at doubling their money and are going to Accept the offer as well.... in the absence of a higher bid of course.

If they and myself are a true representative sample of the attitude of shareholders at large, i.e. gratitude and happiness... as I suspect is so.. rather than a few more vocal folk on HC, then it is easily over the line.

In the event that a company is teetering on a go/no-go decision to bid, as I have said before, the spectre of a bunch of dissatified shareholders waving valuations at them and demanding More and More... is unlikely to intimidate or coerce more. Quite the opposite. There is a time not to rock boats.. or one may fall out of the boat.

I suggest that one sits back and quietly waits for the Big Boys to do their sums... and hopes. If they agree it is undervalued and is a good corporate fit, then they may choose to compete.

It seems very likely that the offer will get over the 50% line and I will be delighted to Accept.

For the record, in my book Tony Polglase in particular is Number One. If he was CEO of Hell I would buy shares in it. He has done wonderful things for Avanco, since I first spoke to him on the phone in 2010. For that I am grateful.

That is my view, and I certainly do not demand, or threaten that anyone else follows it. I may not agree with the attitude of everyone but I certainly respect other posters... as always.

Everyone is free to do their own thing, adopt the attitudes that they personally see as appropriate and wise.

I will accept OZL... unless there is a hopefully higher offer.. and an offer can best be encouraged and supported by keeping Silent and waiting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.