AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

AVB and those Electric Cars

1. 4,654 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    That was a great little anecdote posted about copper & the electric cars.

Fantastic news for those businesses that actually dig economic quantities of the stuff out of the ground and sell it.

Its a pity AVB still isn't one of those after all the expectations raised over the years about starting sand pit construction

But - hey - they will have finance soon! Tony said so:

"Lead banker Votorantum is well advanced in syndicating the remaining $28m" ~ Tony Polglase, 28th July 2014.

Of course Tony also once told us back in April 2008 "I believe I can get a project moving very quickly" and "We're targeting an area where we know there's a lot of copper, enough to get us going with an initial operation, which I could get up and running in the shorter term" *

Back then - before all the dilution began -  the share price was 40c/50c too so it all seems to be going absolutely splendidly!

So I guess what we learn from all this is that terms like "well advanced"; "moving very quickly" & "in the shorter term" mean different things to different people.

* Resource Stocks magazine, April 2008 edition

PS: oh...and that project "where we know there's a lot of copper"....well it doesn't get talked about much anymore because they "discovered" AN and the focus shifted.

And then...the focus shifted again.... to buying PB from Xstrata all the while as they are still trying to digest the AN sand pit project.

Ahh...the shifting sands of mining exploration........it sort of brings a smile to my face recalling TPs other big statement towards the end of the Resource Stocks article when he stated Antas South would demonstrate the company's "quality"' "professionalism", "growing reputation"and - wait for this one - "efficiency"

So, lets not worry. Everything - AS, AN, PB, bank finance, sand pit construction, mine construction, share price appreciation. It's all well advanced and moving very quickly.

Just don't forget how long that can all take, if AVB's history is anything to go by.

...And at some point you have to stop making excuses and judge the merits of a company based on the track record of what it, and its management team, deliver...and how long it takes them to do so.

Antas South...Antas North...Pedra Branca....tick, tick, tick....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.