AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Exactly.  Both just hype bubbles that went too far.  No...

1. 3,041 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    Exactly.  Both just hype bubbles that went too far.  No different to any other stock.  I know a lot of people are burned here and thinking that this is a one off, but if you look at almost any stock talked about a lot on HC they are nearly all identical, in both chart and discussion.

The reason it seems like its "never happened before" to so many is because most people never last more than 6 months on the market, and as such a lot of people are "brand new".  You see all new names on HC every 6 months but all the exact same questions, comments, posts etc etc etc, just on new stocks.

Eventually almost all of them get to the "class action, letters to board, getting together 5% etc etc etc" stage, especially if they cross the line of "we are all getting tshirts made because lambos and buying and island etc etc etc

New punters assume people with money or hearts or lots of posts etc all know what they are talking about. (one in particular that everyone wanted to have emailed to them, but no one bothered to check the last 4-5 stocks they ramped the hell out of all the way down then quietly dumped out as it continued to crash and only said later after the fact that was what was happening and then started saying how terrible the stock was etc etc etc)  Or dont have vested interests.  or forget some people are PAID to pump a stock, on twitter for example.....  And really, just because someone is paid to pump something, doesnt mean they are intelligent either, because really, saying they are and still holding kind of proves the opposite.....

Or they assume that sophs or instos are some all knowing entity that always have the inside scoop or never make mistakes. And really have a look at the track record of even the big players.  Maquarie and bluesky for example.....

And then you have the fact people lap up anything positive, and even good analysts that call the run up are heralded, until they say they think its done and are out, then everyone hates them for saying anything bad, and call them down rampers because they only think its bad because they are out. When in fact its the opposite, they sold out, because they see it going bad.  And yes, its a discussion forum, people are meant to say both.  And really, its the bad stuff you should ALWAYS be paying more attention to, because its a natural instinctual thing to only want to read the things that positively reinforce your get rich quick ideals....

But in the end, Its not the company that changed the price, or an insto, or a fund, or the media, or the gods....

Its people.  All of them are just people. Retail is people. Instos are people. Sophs are people. Even the algos are only programs written by people.  And therefore are easy enough traded around. When you understand that.

But a fundamental difference, and reason that "the big boys" tend to make more money is smart money buys the rise, retail buys the fall.
    There is no such thing as che@p.  Because its all relative.  Understand that if you bought in at 20 and think 10 is che@p someone like me was in at 1c so its a long way before I think its a "bargain" again.  And yes it can possibly go all the way back there, because if I made the mistake to still be holding it I would also be freeholding by selling enough to get my capital money back on the way up.  And a LOT of good traders do that.  So understand even right now there would be plenty of people holding that already made all their money  and then some and could sell at ANY price and still be well in front.  Not to mention all the "advisors" etc that essentially get shares dumped into their laps for free.....

If you want to learn the market properly, you learn psychology.  And understand that pretty much everyone on earth, is stupid, instantly, when they are fighting for a dollar.  Especially if they are in a herd of others, all bleating towards a cliff edge after a steep climb up a hill....  Your battle is not with or against anyone else.  Its with yourself.  Realizing that from the outset puts you way in front, because you trade as a business, not as a gambler....

And tbh a lot of decent posters on HC, (many of whom just give up and move on eventually because they get so much abuse trying to help people learn) are actually sad to see so many people lose themselves in a hype bubble crash.  Thats why they TRY and help people with their own opinions.  They dont need to say anything and I know a lot dont bother anymore.  Because its not worth the nastiness.  (including even death threats offline which ive had personally before.) 

But really its all just opinions. And as I said, people are inherently stupid when it comes to money.  They all make the same mistakes over and over.  So the best anyone can really do is learn charts, learn psych, diversify and have strict rules and plans in place to take profit and capital back asap and let someone elses money rise.

The good traders do.  Thats why they are still doing it after 6 months.  Not chasing a lotto win.  Just making a really decent living, doing it right.  I never wanted a big win when I got into this, I wanted to never work again.  And I can tell you from my own personal experience, that is how that happens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.