I am very familiar with the power costs in Cairns after the last...

1. 54,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    I am very familiar with the power costs in Cairns after the last summer air con influenced Ergon bill - ouch

While the annual daily average energy consumption for a household of four in Sydney is 20.0340 kwh/day, you're likely to use more than that during energy-intensive seasons such as Winter or Summer (with an average of 23.34 kwh), and less in the temperate months of Spring (17.88 kWh/day) or Autumn (18.66 kWh/day).

Luckily I don't own an EV. A Tesla Model 3 has a battery capacity of 50 kilowatt-hours (kWh), which means it takes 50kWh to charge the car from 0% to 100%. The models available through our EV Subscription take between 40-70kWh to achieve a full charge.

Double ouch.

A 5kW solar system will produce approximately 20-22kW (20-22 units) of energy per day, depending on a range of factors. There are many factors that generally affect the energy output of a 5kW solar system each day such as hours of sunlight, cloud cover, rain etc unless you own Albo's solar poanels which work at night.

This would barely cover the needs of a nornal household with no EV involved

So to claim that EVs dont' cost you anything to drive is a blatant fallacy

PS - To claim EVs are good for the environment is also a load of BS as most of our power comes from coal
    Last edited by mogga: 29/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.