NICKEL 0.00% $12,675 nickel futures

Best value Nickel plays, page-2

1. 6,072 Posts.
    derosie,
    Having been in markets for decades I will give you my opinion on nickel and it's future. I was very bullish on nickel for the last year believing all these analysts' predictions. Indonesian ban, NPI producers in China, shutting down of NPI producers etc etc. Yes nickel is at very low levels getting close to GFC prices but we are actually in the worst period for growth than when we were in the midst of the GFC. There are some ridiculous forecasts on future nickel pricess when you look at today's base levels. In my opinion, nickel has just lagged in comparison with iron ore and copper but has swiftly caught up. I heard back in 2011 coal was the goer and analysts all around the world predicting higher demand, higher prices. It's all bullshit. Look at the price of coal today.
    WSA is the best Australian nickel miner but it too will be affected by the current and future nickel price (assuming it stays at current levels and/or goes lower) even though it's costs are coming down every quarter. Cashflow will probably be still positive this quarter but it is reducing rapidly in line with the price of nickel.
    I love WSA, it's done everything right for the last year but they are terribly leveraged to the nickel price and $AUD. If nickel keeps going down and $AUD starts going up they cop a double whammy. Not saying that will happen but just saying.
    The trend is your friend, nickel in my opinion has further to fall. How far I don't know and I'm sure nobody knows. China aint helping one bit and if you look at todays PPI figures it's economy is still contracting. How the market did not react more negatively to those numbers is astounding.
    Play it safe in my opinion and trade rather than investing and never become an investor because your trade doesn't work out. Cop the hit and learn from it.
    As to RTR and POS I know nothing about them but believe if you had to make a choice for safety and recovery WSA is your bet.
    That's my rant!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NICKEL (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.