FAR 0.00% 43.5¢ far limited

Big Day for FARJOY

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 352
    Hi all

One theory that hasn't been put forward in relation to FAR's mini burst yesterday is the unfolding situation with Nic Limb's other company with Senegalese footprint (MDL for the uninitiated).
    For those who aren't aware/don't know MDL was subject to an opportunistic left field takeover by a JV partner yesterday at approx 25% to current SP, this on a background of 3-4 bag last 18 months or so, MDL management has brushed off the bid as a low-ball so almost certainly more to come... I know a lot of FAR's medium-large shareholders have stakes in both companies, myself included... yesterday alone I'm sitting on big 6 figure paper gain across both companies. Apologies for the hubris but just relaying the facts and I am by no means a big fish...

FARJOY on the other hand is a pretty big fish and is massively invested in both companies and unlike a lot of the punters who frequent this board has the required patience and funds to make a serious profit. So yesterday would have been a pretty good day for them, I think FARJOY would have to have a high 7 figure paper gain solely in yesterday's trading... laughable really. Downrampers can say what they like but having an investor like FARJOY on the FAR register in such a significant position can only be good for most holders IMO.

How MDL's news is exactly related to yesterday's action with FAR I can't quite figure out but it's a funny game the ASX and psychology plays a huge role. I think the second half of the run was probably shorters covering, then some short term profit takers got going later. Finally I actually have something in common with Cujo as I dropped my trading parcel yesterday also but still got plenty for when she really blows. And blow she will just a matter if time IMO. As others have mused if yesterday's quick run-up is anything to go by will be interesting to see what happens should ICC tribunal hearing go FAR's way and/or in run up to Samo drill.

Just for the record although I have met some members of FAR management in passing, they would not know me from a bar of soap. Contrary to what some of the more histrionic posters here have posted/continue to post I am not in any way related to management and am in no way a spokesperson or mouthpiece for management. Please bear this in mind if you read my rambling contributions. In companies that I hold (for me) a significant investment I do A LOT of research, attending AGMs IMO is an absolute necessity even if it requires transport and time off work, for me another part of this includes sifting through forums like this for 95% rubbish and 5% significant information. So thanks to all who keep this forum as entertaining as it is, I like to listen/read way more than I contribute so won't be posting until there is a significant event like the lid on the Vaseline jar starting to loosen.

Go FAR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 45.0¢ 43.5¢ $173.0K 394.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 75664 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.5¢ 15000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
44.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
44.0¢ 44.5¢ 43.5¢ 82596
Last updated 15.10pm 03/05/2024 ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.