" Neither of these groups directly pay for the supply and upkeep...

1. 35,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    " Neither of these groups directly pay for the supply and upkeep of the roads that are such an essential part of our society where if you do not have a car you simply do not have access to efficient cheap transport and 100% of what we eat, build houses with or consume is delivered on those roads which are there for that purpose "

I like this logic . Just because you pay rego you own the road ?

I own multiple privately registered vehicles of which I am the sole operator . So do I own more of the road than the person who owns has one vehicle ? I pay multiples of rego and insurance even though only one vehicle is operated at one time . Does that mean that the road on the other side of the state that I never use is mine ?

Road wear . My motorcycle rego is about the same as a 2.5 tonne suv . Surely he's wearing out more road than me . Taking up more space ? It's not fair .

Car accidents . When a car accident is caused by human error . Going to sleep , drunk , stoned , texting etc , should that driver have to pay all the costs incurred ? Accidents cost the community a ton of money . Why shouldn't the person who caused the accident foot the bill ? I didn't cause the accident . I wasn't even there .

But I'm paying for it .......

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.