Bill Shorten Bribes the ABC, page-31

1. 6,497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1889
    Okay, so I managed to get free access to the article through google (not sure if it works for anyone else but this is it, alternatively the quote also appears in fairfax publications here)... not much there to warrant a corruption enquiry as you suggest. Pollies commit to fund, defund or maintain funding all the time, e.g. Abbott's commitment not to cut the ABC, SBS, Education, Health... etc.. LOL

I guess it's better than Tony Abbott claiming taxpayers money to attend an ironman event, or Barnaby Joyce, Julie Bishop and Teresa Gambaro claiming taxpayers money to attend Gina Rineharts wedding... but oh yeah - that's right, it was for a 'study tour'.

There clearly is an age of entitlement and the Libs have got their snouts deep into the trough!

As if claiming taxpayers money for sh*t they're not entitled to wasn't bad enough, Tony Abbott has the gall to visit a cancer hospital, not because he gives a crap about cancer research but so he could "justify being in Melbourne for a fund-raiser the night before under entitlements".

The Liberals live in an Age of Entitlement. They are entitled to all our taxpayer dollars... they can claim expenses the ATO would prosecute you over, but its one rule for them, and another for everyone else.

Free trips to weddings, free scholarships for their daughters not based on merit, the list of polly entitlements are endless.

I can tell you if I tried to pull the same stunt they did with the ATO, or any of my employers, I'd be sacked and in jail by now. Not for the pollies though.
    Last edited by Sojourner: 30/11/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.