SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

Billionaire Banker ready to bet on oil

1. 10,693 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3484
    You guys might like this story.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/2015/04/15/the-billionaire-banker-ready-to-bet-on-oil/

Close to my old stomping grounds.

Hold Blackstone and Linn which how I came across the story... Bold is mine

"Andrew Beal, 62, is one commercial banker investors should pay attention to....
    ... A math whiz...
    ...“You can make some decent loans today that are very well secured,” he says. “The only place for oil prices to go is up over the medium to long term. Short term, anything can happen, but oil is not going to go down over the next seven years.”
    ...Banker Beal is interested only in extending secured loans to energy producers–those backed by producing reserves and cash flow. “The only lending we will do is the first lien secured facility, and the good news is that appears to be where the opportunity is these days,” says Beal. By contrast, hedge funds and private equity players are interested in tranches of debt that are typically subordinated but that can convert into equity or control positions."
    ...I am not predicting a crash, but there will be a lot of disappointed investors,” he says.
    Don’t confuse Beal’s cautionary tone for an aversion to risk. Beal is a well-known whale at the poker tables in Las Vegas, where his bank happens to have a second headquarters. Winning or losing $5 million or $10 million in a game of Texas Hold ‘Em is not unheard of for the brash billionaire, and right now he’s prepared to go all-in with his primary asset, Beal Bank, on America’s energy sector.

Hope you find it interesting.
    (wonder if he watched Chry's movie Pi)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.