Nice try but no cigar.Rabid in my opposition to nuclear power ?...

1. 35,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Nice try but no cigar.

Rabid in my opposition to nuclear power ? Well, you'd be wrong about that too.

Fusion reactors interest me greatly. More energy released and very little waste. Now you're talking. Or the idea from Terrestrial Energy which uses existing nuclear waste to produce power. That's very smart.

You work as a mining engineer. You are very familiar with large heavy industry. That definitely gives you an advantage over many others.

You made the claim " Nuclear power is available now and could solve all our problems for a few centuries at least. ". That's a bold claim as opposed to someone asking " why can't we adopt nuclear power like France " and then enter a discussion about the pros and cons. Instead, you made the bold claim that nuclear is the solution as if you had extensive knowledge on the subject.

When asked why , you reply " how would I know ? ".

That's an absolute cop out and you know it.

So, back to the subject. You claim that nuclear is the solution so provide the answers.

Where will the power stations be located?

How many of them will there be ?

How long will it take to build them ?

What do we do for power in the meantime ?

What about the waste ?

If you can't answer these questions, then obviously nuclear isn't the answer, is it ? wink.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.