MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Blue Ocean downgrade to SELL, page-35

1. 84 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Ok B4B, trying to discredit me because I have never posted before is ridiculous, it doesn't mean that i dont know what im talking about. Everyone has to start somewhere right? I'm sure personally attacking people on their first post isn't the greatest way to generate a community where people help each other (which was my understanding of Hot Copper and my intention here). I was inclined to post because it seems there are so many people here who are talking the stock up when clearly there is a significant issue otherwise the company would not be in suspension.

In my opinion, you (and a few others on here) are likely suffering from normalcy bias - "a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster and its possible effects, because it causes people to have a bias to believe that things will always function the way things normally function.... people also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation."

The idea that I am trying to down ramp is ridiculous as well, I do not want your stock, I can promise you that. I am a day trader and do not hold overnight positions and thus have no bias as to whether a stock goes up or down over time.

As for sentiment, I have attached a spreadsheet of ASX listed companies with exposure to Tanzania. You will note that since June 29 when these bills/legislation came to light, the market value of these companies has reduced by 23%. If you exclude MNS, they are down 38%. If you go a step further and exclude companies that are still suspended, a total of 42.79% of market value has been destroyed. (see below)

You will also note that the larger cap companies like ORR and CXX that have been allowed to resume trading are off over 50%. In my opinion, this is because they will require significant project funding to get off the ground. Even if MNS is the best of the bunch, I still don't see an outcome higher than 30c.

As for claims that I do not know anything about sovereign risk - I think it is telling that the offtake MOU and financing partner for MNS, Rosatom has withdrawn from their uranium investments in Tanzania. Also, the CXX takeover has fallen over. Clearly there is an indication that the smart money is withdrawing their investments from the country due to the sovereign risk associated. Canaccord Genuity just released a research report on ORR overnight sighting the risk for all mining development projects, reducing their price target from $0.90 to $0.20 - see below

As for the option holders, you are in contact with, I highly doubt anyone with 30m worth of stock is going to flag their intention to sell and then have it broadcast on Hot Copper for the world to see. Let me ask you, if you found out that these holders were going to sell, would you still think MNS was a buy? You make the point that they told you they didnt intend to sell any heads to pay for the options and this is what happened... well times have changed, and back when they exercised the options there wasn't a huge gaping hole in the side of the MNS ship caused by the Tanzanian government.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.