Warnie, there is an old saying "Justice must not just be done...

1. 17,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 316
    Warnie, there is an old saying "Justice must not just be done but must seen to be done". Drugs are a problem in Indonesia and Widodo was swept to power on a promise to get tough on drugs. So what is his answer?? Kill everyone on death row in a big public display of being tough on drugs. I know that you are a thinking man Warnie and you know that this will make no difference to the Indonesian drug trade but here's the thing: I am sure you are aware of the masses on HC whose opinions are driven by sound bytes, cliches, sensationalism and regurgitated rhetoric with not an original thought between the lot of them. Welcome to the general population. Indonesia would be no different. If what is being proposed gets your heart pumping then it must be right...so let's just go with it.

If Widodo is really all about stamping out drugs in Indonesia and not just about political stunts that will cost other people their lives well then here's his chance. He has made his point. I believe him. He is a hard ass. He has brought the west to his door cap in hand with promises of money and commitment to stamp out drugs in Indonesia. So now he gets to decide. He can be remembered as the guy who freed Indonesia from the scourge of drugs or he can remembered as the guy who systematically shot lots of people only to find that drugs are still rife in his country.

So what's it gonna be Joko....do you want to be remembered as a bad ass politician or an effective leader and statesman??
    Last edited by NineLives: 06/03/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.