This morning at around 4:30 am I was woken by a creaking noise...

1. 17,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    This morning at around 4:30 am I was woken by a creaking noise from my bedroom door. I sat up and watched the door move and a strong smell remained in the room.
    My first reaction was to sit very quietly and listen - I heard a scrambling noise, assuming it to be in the laundry, which it was. The burglar had broken the glass in the laundry using a tiny, but heavy ceramic vase, which I always have on the kitchen window, filled with flowers.
    I then cautiously made my way to the office, which was messy, but rang 000 - Police were here within 15 minutes. As soon as the police left I cancelled all my credit cards.
    I'll spare you the detail, but I am awaiting someone who'll come and dust the place for fingerprints. What went missing is my handbag, which is always neatly hanging on a hook behind the fridge in the kitchen, with purse, all cards including drivers' licence (which number I don't have written down anywhere) they also took a small suitcase from my office which contains my computer back-up, all my documentation - all my life in fact; (Certificate of Title and Will are in the bank). I'll go searching later in the bush, because if they are just ignorant young people, they will just take the bit of foreign currency I always keep in there and throw the rest away.
    By the time I replace all my documentation I will be out of pocket for hundreds of dollars and I have the worry, that my identity could be stolen - it would have been worthwhile to get a small safe in a hiding place, which is what I will do from now on.
    I am a bit worried about going to sleep tonight in my now unsafe house.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.