Hi picastoc - I have just re-read your post - pretty good and...

1. 17,987 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    Hi picastoc - I have just re-read your post - pretty good and pretty much the conclusion I have come to. I will eventually move into a small villa environment, but it is not easy to sell here, houses seem to be on the market forever - so for the time being I need to be a little more secure here.
    I have actually worked from the inside out - leaving the fence situation in abeyance, although that is the weak point (but it's also the most expensive one to fix). My bedroom door now has a strong bolt and very soon I'll have roller shutters on the bedroom windows, both windows face the garden and the back. The thread on torches was useful, so was the one on safety lights.
    A lot of the other suggestions were just 'boys stuff' - understandably - and weren't they having fun - made me laugh, too, which was important!
    I've also gone back to waking early, which I always did in the past - I guess the long winter turned me into a hibernating animal.
    Generally though I am getting more relaxed as the days progress, I just don't like 'feeling afraid and worried' and I manage to control my mind should it wander to the 'what ifs'.
    My birth certificate is hopefully in the mail as we speak and then I can apply for the other documents. Cards etc. is all fixed. - one worry is that I had a hard drive computer back-up in that document folder (it was WD My passport) - apparently they are easy to get info out of - of course I changed all my passwords, but wonder if I should change my bank account also? - I have had that account with the same bank literally for yonks and there were some disused cheque books (stubs only) in that case.
    No more cumbersome back-ups for me, except on small memory sticks which one can hide easily; photos will all be doubly available on my computer and tablet which I hardly use (and they didn't find) and this event has lit a rocket under me to get that large family album via 'albumworks' going - I have done individual ones for the kids, but not the family&ancestors&friends one.
    I really did appreciate all the posts! Interesting (and kind) characters here on Hotcopper, don't you think?
    Thanks Picastoc
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.