GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

@Harcee I can tell you what I hold (list below), EVN RSG RMS the...

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    @Harcee I can tell you what I hold (list below), EVN RSG RMS the biggest in terms of funds invested, but am not the gold miner expert. I seek guidance from others here, for which I am most grateful. I can say I chose EVN by myself, Oct 2014 $0.57c , when I re-entered Mkts , based (gold) on a macro view of all global data in which I had immersed myself - like many here - and also detected a reversal (which was fake - Oct 14 was a very bad month). I searched a bunch of miners, and it just seemed the best of the lot to me. It's up threefold in that period, much more based on Friday's intra day high (shld have sold a parcel)....and in a gold bear market...(as are other gold stocks - a paradox). I just kept on buying. I have taken profits, and bought back lower. 15,000 shares now.
    Digression:
    FWIW, I as also very heavily into ASX traded US domiciled ETFs (IVV, IJH, IRU), since US mkts performed better than here (then, and probably still now, despite the rout), and can and did benefit enormously from the falling AUD. Looking back, I made some 26% in my first 6 months. NO US index (of those above) went up by near that amount in that period....the bulk of the gains were from the currency fall, not the US SP rise!. I dumped them a while ago.
    End of Digression
    This is what I have...several based on guidance from this Board's members.
    Column 1
    0 Stock
    1 EVN
    2 RMS
    3 BBUS
    4 RSG
    5 SAU
    6 EXU
    7 SAR
    8 DRM
    BBUS not a (gold) stock. ETF.
    EVN, RMS RSG the largest (hi to low in funds invested). DRM SAU, EXU SAR are the smaller holdings (also hi to low in funds invested).
    As I said.....this is not my field of expertise....minerals, geology, drilling etc. More economics, (geo)politics, history, financial markets, cinema and rock 'n' roll, and my traditional employment field (computing). I will say I spent a lot of time in US markets, living and working there (Wall St) many decades , 100% in technology stocks, and that includes the epic mania and crash. I then went long gold futures, and various shorts... (stock indexes, for which BBUS above is a local ASX Proxy) ... and also currency and oil futures....quite exciting....wild ride.
    Hope this helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.