BCN 0.00% 2.9¢ beacon minerals limited

Buy backs and Larger Fully Franked Dividends, page-2

1. 149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    Hi JR, I always enjoy your posts and like your thinking, and I agree with your suggested mix.

However, while I agree, I really don't think anything other than a spectacular hit while prospecting in Timor will greatly change our share price range in the near future. if i'm wrong I will be delighted...

The reason I say this, is 2 fold.
    Firstly, as almost every time I post I try to explain that other than the very few individual big hitters who are far and few between in the present uncertain economic times, the only really big money available in the Oz share markets are super and managed funds, who by statutory regulation can not deal in speculative stocks. END OF STORY. This end of the market, no matter how good the stock is performing, is at present starved of buyers, becos it is only small volume punters like us who are playing in this small cap mining market.

Secondly, For those BCN holders who may not have access to other industry insights, I found the latest edition of *, which I think is a free signup (?) has a recent article that sums up right where BCN and 95% OF ALL Oz small cap goldies are at the moment.

The article is headed "Why are gold stocks so cheap".
    and starts as follows "Between late 2018 and mid-2020 gold prices surged 70%, ASX shares went parabolicDespite hitting all time highs above US$2200/oz in 2024 stocks are yet to react the same waySprott managing partner John Hathaway calls this disconnect between gold and share price performance “the greatest I’ve ever seen”Euroz Hartleys: Expect equities to re-rate as stronger quarterlies are released for the MarQ"..........

I hope this may explain why we, and ALMOST EVERY OTHER producing gold stock is not moving as we would like or expect. BCN is not a multi bagger, but it is a very steady and increasing, debt free, asset building small cap. I have no connections to BCN management, but I do to some other companies, and for those who are criticality of our management, look at the size of our board, and the low % of our management overheads for a debt free, regularly producing outfit, and then take 10 minutes to read through the board membership of a few other companies, where the same names appear on a number of boards and draw $ millions...then you have something to complain about.

I hope I'm not breaking the rules, but the above article is IMO very applicable and worth reading.

Thanks for starting the thread JR.

Good health & prosperity to you all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $108.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.9¢ 2.9¢ 2.9¢ $2.605K 89.84K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 69999 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 4175055 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.9¢ 2.9¢ 2.9¢ 20000
Last updated 15.16pm 03/05/2024 ?
BCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.