Camping..what the?

1. 1,709 Posts.
    What is the big deal or attraction with camping?
    Ok I am talking about a tent, in your twenty's and female..... I did this with my ex BFK (before kid) and can honestly say it was far from a so called vacation.

I don't mind hard work but when you have to pack so much stuff like plates, cutlery, bedding, pots and pans, towels.............the list goes on and on.
    I remember instead of buying a bag of ice to keep our food cold which didn't last long, I froze a wine cask (or two) filled with water in the esky. I drank the wine.

We would often be about a meter from the next tent and you could hear everything (ex used to brake wind the the blame it on me)
    We loved the ski water sports we did but could only afford a bit of that.

Next was the Saturday night at the Pub.....us girls would line up to take a shower and wash and blow our hair dry.....this would often take 2 hours.
    The guys just swam in the lake.
    The toilets were a good five mins walk..... so ex gave me a bucket to pee in ( while he just went outside ( our tent was the last before you were in the bush)
    Just washing dishes was a pain so I bought paper plates etc... only to be frowned upon.
    Oh and trying to cook .... that's another story when your man cannot even boil water.
    Arrrrhhh and then to come home dragging all the mess back and having to clean again.

Those are the days I will never miss and my son and his friends  have never gone camping even though Son was taken every year with my ex..... don't think a lot of girls these days would like it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.