Apologies for double post .... trying to post from Ipad .... and...

1. cy7
    930 Posts.
    Apologies for double post .... trying to post from Ipad .... and got into all sorts of trouble .... here is the full post I was trying to make.

I admire what you post tinnitus .... One can never replace personal experience.

I have resisted posting .... A little too emotionally involved in the subject.

You have posted well.

Cancer covers a very broad range of types ..... and treatments.

My brother died at home ..... Not easy, and makes me hope to die in hospital .... Although my immediate family say at home.

With terminal disease the current treatments are a lot about facilitating the dying process .... Maybe always with the slightest hope of recovery.

For me personally, dying from a heart attack, sepsis, or some other side effect of chemo, would appear preferable to paralysis from spinal compression, bowel blockages etc ..... to put it bluntly the treatment has given me a better quality of life for an extended period of time, and eventually may lead to a more gentle dying process.

Like your fathers experience ... I think ... I'm a reasonably clean living soul ... Consumed a lot of alternate treatments, and still do take some to lesson the side effects of the more conventional medical therapies ..... both radiation and chemo have been fairly successful with myself ... With limited and manageable side effects ... but I have no illusions, or delusions re the final outcome.

Anyway you appear to have done well by those care about .... Hold your head high.

Regards ..... Jim.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.