DBF 0.00% $1.47 duxton farms ltd

Inspection complete BIGSKY9,Well I have had a wonderful 3...

1. 1,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    Inspection complete BIGSKY9,

Well I have had a wonderful 3 days.

Re Land values, anecdotally, the rapid rise of land values is moving to more of a plateau, the valuers can put their name to values. There is a large scale irrigation farm “Gundaline” on the Murrumbidgee for sale, 14,916ha, that may set the market for scale irrigated farmland.

A few water crossings but I didn’t go passed any “Road Closed” signs. Water going over the Newell in 2 places between Kentucky and Timberscombe on the Grawlin Plains. Lake of water to the east as far as the eye can see and west quite along way. Could not get to many of the properties, because of “road closed”. Water running hard off Timberscombe down the Back Creek.Met some wonderful people, farmers, contractors, ex Duxton employee, grain storage employees and locals.

Todays inspection, Walla Wallah, West Plains, Lenborough and Kentucky. All inspections from the road, as I would never enter some else’s property uninvited. Lots of water logged/flooded canola and barley. The best crops I observed were on the east side of Kentucky, elevated land, just not sure if they are Duxton or neighbouring farm.

Interesting observation by a local farmer, “floods are lowest profit seasons”. “Droughts, when planting with full profile of soil moisture are the best”. Everywhere I have been people are talking about shortage of skilled workers.The West Wyalong Grainflow employee, is anticipating half of last seasons receivals for 2022/23.

The local farmers are saying the flood is bigger than last year and bigger than 2016. The contractor, who sowed quite a bit of crop for Duxton saying “they will put a header over 20% of the area he cropped”.

Re the poor state of Duxton infrastructure, I see fences down, farm tracks with water running over, irrigation infrastructure poor and hay shed trusses bent. No new sheds or silos that I could see but I assume they must be building some at the main operating bases.It was quite amazing to see the volume of water moving and the extreme flatness of the land for 10’s of km.

Can’t help thinking we “Australia” waste a lot of opportunities in development, and that Australia is becoming a nanny state. The Newell Hwy is a national disgrace and more dams required to store our valuable water, for environment, cotton, ag and our communities. Our great nation would never have been built if we had the precious governments of today. Pay people double to build or create something, that our future generations can benefit from. It drives me crazy when I see governments paying people double, to just do nothing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DBF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.47
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $61.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 68 $1.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.60 250 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DBF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.