RAC 2.00% $1.79 race oncology ltd

That's ok. It takes me a little while to understand things...

1. 892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9952
    That's ok. It takes me a little while to understand things completely, too. You are a little bit off, so let me see if I can explain it more simply.

Section 1:

Cancer cells and HCM have the FTO protein. When an FTO inhibitor enters either cancer cells or HCM it inhibits the FTO protein.

FTO inhibition on it's own has not demonstrated cardiotoxicity in any model I have seen.

However, when a HCM is treated to a cardiotoxic agent (like doxorubicin), FTO inhibition has been shown to increase the death of HCM.

For a simple example:

DOX = paper cut
    FTO inhibition = alcohol

If you pour alcohol (FTO inhibition) on your finger, you won't feel anything. If you give youself a paper cut (DOX), it hurts. If you then pour alcohol on it (DOX + FTO inhibition), it hurts much worse.

Summary of Section 1: For FTO inhibition to cause damage, something else has to start it.

Section 2:

Very difficult to be specific without the cardio MoA - nonetheless... talking specifically about hearts

When Bisantrene enters the HCM it inhibits the FTO protein AND targets a mechanism that is cardioprotective (cardioX)

Bisantrene on it's own has not demonstrated cardiotoxicity in any clinical trial I have seen.

Because Bisantrene is dual functioning, when a HCM is treated to a cardiotoxic agent (like doxorubicin), the cardioX component prevents the cardiotoxicity of the cardiotoxic agent as well as the currently theorised increased cardiotoxicity of FTO inhibition + cardiotoxic drug synergy.

Building on our simplified example:

DOX = paper cut
    Bis MoA1 = alcohol
    Bis MoA2 = waterproof band-aid

If you pour alcohol (FTO inhibition) or put a band-aid on your finger, you won't feel anything. If you give youself a paper cut (DOX), it hurts. If you put a waterproof band-aid on (Bis MoA2) then pour alcohol (Bis MoA1) on it (DOX + Bisantrene), it doesn't hurt.

Summary of Section 2: Bisantrene functions in 2 distinct ways that influences cells alone and in combination. Bisantrene prevents HCM damage.

Biology is very difficult, and I am acting on the information I have available to me currently. When we find out what the cardio MoA is/are, I will be able to understand this in more detail. I hope this helped.

P.S. listen to @johndprent re valuations

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.79
Change
0.035(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $302.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.79 $1.79 $1.70 $916.8K 527.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.79 9427 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.75
  Change
0.035 ( 0.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.76 $1.77 $1.70 30396
Last updated 15.57pm 07/06/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.