RAC 0.81% $1.22 race oncology ltd

CEOs buying and commenting on other company stock: A Hit or a Miss?

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    RAC CEO Dr T holds stock from other ASX biotecs, and sometimes shares his opinions on them! The view from some, is that this leads to the migration of some investment dollars that the RAC Share Price might have benefitted from, away and to those other biotecs!

This may be true, but, is that all there is?

In my view; As long as the other companies are not direct competitors to RAC, I'm ok with his actions, and I think RAC could benefit;
    a) His involvement elsewhere, particularly his commentaries (although quite brief), demonstrates a broader knowledge base, beyond just RAC, which is a positive. He will be the first to recognise a potential synergies. For instance, what if Zantrene could enhance the safety of Cu64 and Cu67 products, enabling higher or even lower dosing, but with for better efficacy?
    b) Dr. T's observation of others' mistakes, and hopefully learning from them, especially when the errors impact him directly, should significantly improve his decision making and performance at RAC!

I hold CU6 stock too (and NTI), and I find Dr T's insights immensely valuable. He gives me confidence to hold: a bonus for me! But has that led me to direct more dollars away from RAC to these other stocks?

Actually, NOPE! The trust I have gained has led me to turn the tables! I did not sell my other holdings: I held them and added a bit more, thanks to his confidence boosting. But, what I have done more of has been to build up my RAC stockpile. Within my Biotecs portfolio RAC has grown from being a little toe dip (about 1:10 to the other ones), to an almost equal weighting to the other two. In other words, whereas I used to have $1 on RAC for every $10 that I put in CU6 and $8 in NTI, I built my RAC faster, and slowed the others, to a point that now, I have reversed to the point that now, its $12 each.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.22
Change
-0.010(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $202.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.26 $1.26 $1.14 $381.6K 320.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7000 $1.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.22 2171 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.17
  Change
-0.010 ( 5.54 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.23 $1.23 $1.14 48407
Last updated 15.52pm 03/05/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.