moondoong, the Unions are a huge diverse organization that has...

1. 2,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    moondoong,
    the Unions are a huge diverse organization that has done much good for the workers of this country.
    There have also been some terrible things done by individuals and unions.

I have had personal experience in that regard....and not on the union side.

Contrary to your posting I am not a union member and never have been .....or a member of the labor party.

The actions by some union officials has been terrible and they should be shamed and punished.Unfortunate most of the criticism is aimed at the whole Union movement and not just the offending parties.
    We agree the offending parties should be severally dealt with ....especially individuals who have ripped off huge amounts of money from the lowest paid workers.....these union officials are traitors.These people do not reflect the whole union movement.They do not represent the interest of the many thousands of low paid hard working Australian or the vast majority of Union delegates who dont get paid.
    Judging the whole union movement on the actions of a few rogue members is wrong.It ignores the good work of the vast majority and the union movement.

I suspect the outrage you feel towards these individuals is nothing compared to the outrage and disappointment felt by the union members themselves .......but they dont blame the union movement.....so what gives you and others that right.

The RC into the Union is a witch hunt and an opportunity for a free kick at the labor party through its association with the Unions.

Its about politics.

Everyone including the unions I suspect would have supported this Royal Commission into Unions if not for the limited terms of reference.Why should Union corruption stop at the workplace or Union Headquarters........no reason other than to protect business interest.....look at the findings of the previous RC into Union corruption

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.