AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

I think the most important take away form the above conversation...

1. 10,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6068
    I think the most important take away form the above conversation is that there is a greater chance of a profit if you buy AVB rather than the dog's bollocks. However, should you buy dog's bollocks early there is greater risk in the investment. I'm not too sure there would be greater profit though

HH's comment re risk reward ratio does raise a good point but personally I'm with Paul and Zipper in terms of investing style. Identify the investment and get in early. Perjudi also has a good point, why not wait till stage 1 is built and producing, maybe jump on board once they hit nameplate 12,000 tonnes and enjoy a relatively safe journey (nothing is ever absolutely risk free) as they ramp up substantially beyond nameplate and get stage 2 and/or stage 3 running? Each to their own style and feeling comfortable so they don't get shaken out in one of the down-ramp driven falls in share price.

My personal view; The risk in AVB is no where near as large as some people think. Yes, it's an horrendously hard environment in basic commodities at this time and it's very hard for juniors to find finance on anything like acceptable terms but AVB have built a very sound set of relationships, have a great management/technical team, a VERY good resource and tenement portfolio and top shelf major investors. Not to mention the right commodity, did anyone else notice that Friday all over the world markets had a solid pull-back 2% approximately in most markets and sizeable falls in most commodities BUT copper actually went up, $2.792 on close.

Also, if you only have a small holding it's easy enough to move in or out of any stock. 100,000 AVB can be bought or sold without moving the share price or market momentum but if you have a larger holding (and quite a number of us do) you cannot move in or out without having a serious impact on the price...usually. If you were to wait for apparent safety before buying and want a sizeable parcel you may find there are no sellers and your purchases alone will send the price up substantially. In the past 4 days AVB moved from 6.9c to 8.4c on approximately 12 million shares traded. No doubt some at least of that total were traders who were in and out so if you had been accumulating you would have got probably substantially less volume for the resulting 1.5c share price movement.

I have the suspicion that AVB is more tightly held than some imagine and price jumps on good news could be very attractive over the next year or two. Time will tell and maybe I'm wrong but that is my style and risk appetite

You could always buy CBA were the risk is just as high that they'll have a 40% reduction in share price over the next year or two rather than a very handsome rise in AVB even if my numbers are out by 50%.

GLTA holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.