BOE 2.07% $5.42 boss energy ltd

OK. Now I'm getting a picture of where you are at I will go a...

1. 3,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    OK. Now I'm getting a picture of where you are at I will go a bit further.

Yes his system or what is known of it can be highly esoteric to say the least. I've found with all TA, that simplifying it to a few indicators (price and time) provides a more consistent, higher probability outcome.Agree with this 100%

His time evaluation though is still under valued and probably because people are looking for the panacea,
    I believe his time evaluation is at face value, under valued because it takes a huge effort to decipher and I'm not convinced he fully understood it, himself. I found a couple of flaws in his writings which distracted me for a while as well. This is what made me think that he never actually perfected it. Hence the losses he suffered at times.

which just isn't how markets work or need to be analyzed. You are right to think in terms of 'synthesis' to build a thesis of probability and protect it with strong risk management. Nothing works in isolation of a cause(s).

Time = Price (Space)....This the first time I have heard anyone on these forums mention this. Time and price is the same, and in fact I do not need to know the price until the day that I want to trade. I did mention it once on these forums when I was trying to get some interest in it, but was ignored.

not dissimilar to Kepler's Law of Planetary Motion where the The Square of Time is equal to the Cube of the Distance from the Sun (Average AU). Example is Jupiter √(5.2³) = 11.8578 years orbital period. A little esoteric, but that is what Gann was getting at. Kepler's work was based on Egyptian theology/numerology, to whom he attributed the source by stating "I am stealing the golden vessels of the Egyptians to build a tabernacle to my God from them, far far away from the boundaries of Egypt.". Way to technical and philosophical for these mundane threads.
    The first revelation I had, was that everything to do with trading was moving and variable, to me it was like the goalposts were on roller skates, and I went looking for something to reference everything off.
    You touched on it above. The sun was the answer. David Bowden had made me aware of it 30 years ago and I used it to a very small degree working out major turns in the asx 200 but It never really clicked. Once I worked out that the trend/trade lines we use are all based on planetary trajectories it all fell into place.
    If you start using time cycles at the face value at which they are taught i would imagine that the average trader would soon lose interest in it, because at that face value they appear very vague, but once you get your head around the idea of cycles within cycles within cycles add infinitum, it takes on a whole new concept.
    Even once you work it out it is hard to get your head around the fact that the same planets that run the markets also influence your individual view on what you see. It certainly must appear like witchcraft to most.

Last edited by lucky 992: 13/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.42
Change
0.110(2.07%)
Mkt cap ! $2.214B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.30 $5.42 $5.26 $13.05M 2.440M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 56100 $5.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.43 2570 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.41
  Change
0.110 ( 2.40 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.29 $5.42 $5.26 546539
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.