CHN 2.48% $1.58 chalice mining limited

CHN chart, page-3584

1. 345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 944
    Conveniently, that article neglects to mention that Julimar forest is already poisoned, sickly and stunted naturally by the highly toxic metals in the soil.... and has been since the first "naturalists" went through in the 1800's.

In fact it's so bad in that area, that there isn't a single freshwater creek in the whole district. It's all brackish, and causes natural brackish mineral-salt poisoning of the water all the way to the river and coast. (Worst in summer.)

They also neglect to mention that the two rare species at Julimar had already gone extinct on their own.

Yet both extinct species were deliberately and negligently/maliciously released back into the Julimar Forest (after a breeding program at the zoo with animals sourced from other areas), even though:

1) there were at least NINE suitable habitat forests to choose from, and at least two of these were already fully protected from mining at the time (after exploration had already revealed that no commercial minerals were evident in them).

2) the breeding program managers KNEW that Julimar forest was still reserved for mining exploration at the time, and that mining had priority... a fact which was agreed to unanimously by ALL parties, INCLUDING the Greens, as recorded in Hansard Parliament archives over a decade ago.

3) that one of those "rare species" was already known to enjoy killing the other.

Any numpty could have predicted that the numbers of both rare species would still be struggling at Julimar after a decade.

If those alleged "Green Activists" truly cared about the forest, they'd remove the animals to separate safer forests (like their two other release programs). And they'd support Chalice in detoxifying the soil of the thickest deposits of metals that are known to cause sick forests.

As an animal lover, I hate to see wild-life released deliberately into dangerous areas, especially for despicable use as political footballs. So it seems to me that there are TWO classes of "Green Thinkers" here... the ones who genuinely care, and those who only use the Julimar Forest for their own suspiciously dubious purposes.

Just my opinion, but I certainly wish a more responsible investigative journalist would take a closer look at what has really been happening in the Julimar Forest. A good journalist would also make sure that all adjoining land-holders are properly informed about what is already flagged to happen to their properties (partial resumptions rezonings etc) if Chalice does NOT find mine-able minerals next door.

Basically, Mine next door = property values remain high.
    Or no mine = forest progresses to fully protected with adjoining properties resumed and/or restricted usage imposed.
    And when the government resumes for forest purposes, it's never at top market value.
    I bet none of the local farmers, horse owners or home builders will enjoy that much.

Obviously this situation won't apply generally to every forest for mining in WA, although this article implies otherwise, with their choice of image for bauxite.

And obviously in other areas where the creeks and groundwater have FRESH water, much greater care must always be taken.
    But when it's all toxic and brackish already, as it is at Julimar, that should be a blazing neon sign that the ground is ripe, and perhaps even desperate, for "commercial cleansing" and ultimately restoration for a healthier forest.

And if the extracted metals also aid in cleansing the atmosphere, then how is this not win-win-win?

... especially for anybody who genuinely cares AND has the ability to see and plan past their own lifespans, or even past the next election?

dyor
    Last edited by Tarampa: 13/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.58
Change
-0.040(2.48%)
Mkt cap ! $612.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.61 $1.61 $1.52 $6.492M 4.173M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 49513 $1.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.59 26950 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.57
  Change
-0.040 ( 2.47 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.59 $1.59 $1.52 866185
Last updated 15.59pm 05/06/2024 ?
CHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.