SRL 2.61% 59.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Cleaning up America's Toxic Abandoned Mines, page-4

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Thanks Bomber. Prior to your latest post I hadn't bothered listening to the interview. I don't like signing up for such things, but thanks to you I didn't have to in the end.

First of all, I have to say that the interview given by our CEO was the most impressive I have seen. Not only in terms of knowing his stuff and being so competent, but also in the way he came across. Such interviews and such performances as the one he put in should make shareholders feel a lot more comfortable about the investment they have made in CLQ.

Before getting to the US, it was great to hear that the Chinese are not only interested in cleaning up their water, but also in soil remediation which I hadn't previously factored into the equation. That's another huge market for CLQ to tap into going forward. According to our CEO the first potential customer is in the coal gasification space whom they are in talks with and if they can land a contract that will then trigger the SIDRI JV which will then open up the whole of the Chinese market.

I was also interested to hear his comments on scandium. The current market price for scandium is between $2000-$5000 per kilogram, but CLQ can sell it for $1000 a kilogram and even then with operating expenses of just $500 a kilogram they're looking at margins of $500 per kilogram. There was also mention of Bloom Energy worded in such a way that CLQ have been talking to them as well as Boeing in addition to Airbus which we already knew about.

If Bloom got involved with CLQ it was quoted that each Bloom Box uses 8kg of scandium and that the company uses 10-15 tonnes of scandium a year. The market for fuel cells was quoted as growing between 50% to 100% a year going forward too. As for the Aerospace Industry it was claimed that in the not-too-distant future they could use between 20 tonnes and 40 tonnes a year. As for Syerston itself the CEO said the mine was scalable to between 200 tonnes to 500 tonnes per year should the demand justify it. Even if they don't run to 100% capacity as far as the scandium is concerned there are always the nickel and cobalt they can extract if the opportunity presents itself.

Now to the most interesting part for me which relates directly to my previous post and what Bomber alluded to in his previous post too, the opportunities in North America. The following is a quote of what our CEO said of the US opportunity:

'Organics that might come out of mine projects. Sulphate problems. A lot of sulphide ore deposits. If you don't have good tailings impoundment you might get a lot of sulphuric acid run off from these acid mine drainage issues. Ion exchange is a very cost effective, capital effective way of building treatment facilities to deal with these issues.'

Kohler: It can clean that water, can it?

'It can, yeah. It cleans it very efficiently and very effectively.'

It should be re-iterated from my previous post that there is no currently NO solution available within the US to the above problems as things currently stand, but CLQ can provide one and the cost of such clean-ups across the US was estimated by the US EPA at between $20bn USD and $50bn USD excluding coal mines!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.0¢
Change
0.015(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $53.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.5¢ 59.5¢ 56.5¢ $7.984K 13.93K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4915 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
59.5¢ 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
57.0¢
  Change
0.015 ( 2.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
59.5¢ 59.5¢ 56.5¢ 3466
Last updated 15.56pm 24/05/2024 ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.