SRL 4.24% 61.5¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Interesting that they compare CLQ to LYC. I would have thought a...

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Interesting that they compare CLQ to LYC. I would have thought a comparison with SYR would have been more accurate and even that doesn't do justice to what CLQ has to bring to the table.

The price movements of CLQ this year also bring back memories of SYR.

SYR was trading at 17c on January 6th 2012 before increasing to $2.86 on October 2012 and has since made its way to $5.39 today the last time I checked.

What were the reasons for the dramatic and sustained price rises? SYR divested its non-core assets in 2012, focused on its pre-existing graphite resource and then undertook additional graphite acquisitions. There wasn't much news flow throughout that year to drive the share price to such astronomical levels, but rather just a series of presentations, BRR interviews, news of an additional acquisition and the divestment of non-core assets and a realisation of the value of graphite going forward. What there was though, was a number of updates on the size and quality of the resource itself.

Fast forward to now with CLQ. CLQ was trading at 15.5c on January 5th and closed yesterday at 35c a share. There hasn't been much newsflow here either with news of a collaboration, marketing updates and presentations, but crucially, as with SYR before it, there have been resource updates re-affirming the size and quality of the Scandium asset and a realisation from the wider market of the size and importance of the scandium market going forward.

Is CLQ going to repeat what SYR has done? I don't see why not, especially when you consider the depth and breadth of CLQ's technologies that SYR don't have and the possibly lucrative water side of the business that has not been priced into the equation at all either at this point in time.

Not investing in SYR when it was 17c a share was the worst investment decision or non-investment decision of my life thus far as it has cost me $250,000 and counting! However CLQ has all the hallmarks and more of doing not only what SYR has achieved, but to even exceed it.

2016 and beyond are very exciting times to be a shareholder in CLQ and for those wanting more regular updates and stronger news flow, SYR proves you don't need them to record astronomical share price increases in a short space of time (ten months in their case).

Anything could happen with CLQ going forward and given my previous misses in years gone by, I am holding tightly onto my CLQ shares!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.5¢
Change
0.025(4.24%)
Mkt cap ! $55.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.0¢ 61.5¢ 53.5¢ $38.70K 68.92K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 54.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
63.5¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
61.0¢
  Change
0.025 ( 4.58 %)
Open High Low Volume
56.5¢ 61.5¢ 53.5¢ 14969
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.