An increase in temperature would have no effect? Fair enough,...

1. 3,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    An increase in temperature would have no effect? Fair enough, Why do you think that? Was it a YouTube video which held this nugget of gold? Or a blog by a guy who had done a tremendous amount of “research” - oh and vacines are bad as well btw.

For me I agree with you and suspect that global warming will not have the extreme affect that has been touted by the media and some in the scientific community, but I do listen to the community who conducts this research, and that says there will be an effect which must have some affect on our ability to provide critical resources and in some low lying areas, living space. I also note that while you claim the results have not hit projections, others claim that the results fall within to,erances of those projections and as such are true.

To sum this up, any past projections which show the earth as hotter than current temperatures thereby proving we can withstand this (I believe) doesn’t take into consideration we are a very large (and growing) complex inter link society that is dependant upon the environment to sustain us. Taking this into account that our scientific community is showing that we are having an effect on our environment, I concede I must take this on faith as I’m not a climatologist, but considering the risks I recognise to our community (increased likelihood for resource shortages, wars and migration), I am happy to investigae positively what we can do to at least curb our impact on the biosphere.

one last point: I note with interest your tag line talks about skepticism, which is great and something I support as well. So I checked out what the Australian Skeptics had to say on the matter and concluded that maybe you should too: https://www.skeptics.com.au/2019/03/15/aust-skeptics-inc-statement-on-climate-change/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.