Coal to dominate in India through 2047, page-17

1. 35,559 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Squidgy

I agree with what you say . I don't think we've managed this at all well in Australia . Look at SA for example . But , it has taken something like that to galvanize the nation into action . We now have the Finkel report . While it won't fix the problem , it is a start . We also now have state and federal governments starting to work together on the national grid .

That is progressive in my view . Hopefully in the next year or two they will be able to turn power prices around with better legislation and management .

Subsidies . We subsidise lots of things to help them get established . Look at the domestic solar industry . It was heavily subsidised at the start while now it is not . It's really starting to get traction on commercial properties now and stand on it's own two feet .

States subsidise businesses to move from one state to another . Governmenets subsidise all sorts of businesses to relocate within states in order to establish them .

The only worry with subsidies is if they continue . They need to have a finite life .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.