coming soon to religion everywhere, page-30

1. 5,376 Posts.
    Can you imagine 2 siblings, older and younger say a 50 yo and a 40 yo and they are to recall their family history, you will find that from 40 years down both can give accurate account.
    The 40 yo will also give an accurate account for the family but haven’t experienced the other 10 years to give a full account like the 50 yo can. Same with the church, catholic church been there from day 1, where some protestant churches just pop up picking the bible squat and take over as if they were the first and original Christians just by reading the bible.

If you pick up a book on how to fix cars does that make you a motor mechanic

You will notice that every domination has a way or a traditional style of interrupting scripture, to highlight it say the JW way, where did that come from, Scripture don’t teach an interpretation style
    It’s very important to understand the early Christians were taught by Tradition not scripture as the bible wasn’t written then. (only OT was)
    Before the canon of the bible was set, from hundreds of ancient writings only the books that conformed to tradition were chosen, tradition was the yard stick used to pick the canon.
    Paul tells the Corinthians, "I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Cor. 11:2), and he commands the Thessalonians, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). He even goes so far as to order, "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us" (2 Thess. 3:6).
    That’s the tradition the Church has had from day 1. But many will say the Catholic Church wasn’t founded then, well that’s a different story, what else can you say if you want to squat in and just use the Bible, making yourself to be the original and true church.
    The fact is the church grew from a humble beginning and expanded to what it is now, it wasn’t founded in the USA,
    I’m not saying that other domination haven’t got truth they have but not all, as for their sincerity, they are sometimes MUCH more then Catholics as far as people are concerned.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.