Yeah I have heard the 10% thing, personally I think it's just...

1. 13,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Yeah I have heard the 10% thing, personally I think it's just simplified bunkum for the sheeples continued emotional confidence, many consider it gambling but they will remain in that 90% too for that very reason and a couple other's possibly.

One other is they just didn't give it a proper go to the level necessary, what I mean is clear the decks and go all in for long enough (not meaning money) I mean absolute personal effort and unending stubborn determination...because if one is not a gambler (the perpetual 90% are) one way or the other then they will be capable of learn using other parts of their brain to feel a rush of accomplishment.

The 90% that failed didn't even start to learn the skill of trading IMO and the 10% exist because quite simply only 10% of all people are psychologically capable of doing such hard and long initial yards for little to no pay back/pay check, one doesn't need to loose money to learn (gamblers will of coarse)......other complicating factors can come in too for instance.

I only made it to this point (that 10% imho) in my trading because I was a home dad who at just the right time in my investigations of my last ever career (yep I call it a career) had a child that started school so I got the ability to sit for almost the absolute majority of trading hours every week.

good luck if your of the 10% kind and posses the personal situational ability to give it what it deserves..takes years, you will make it to a point where say a 270% after tax increase in trading capital is a somewhat disappointing result.....talking the true spec stocks here not those higher marketed to the masses stocks.
    Last edited by thalweg: 18/04/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.