Concrete Jungle Greens, page-93

1. 8,237 Posts.
    "It will do you no harm to peruse them because I believe that you, like so many secularists, have a view that Jansenism is an accurate reflection of our Christian way. Attitudes are changing within the modern churches."

What on earth do you mean "our" Christian way. Sounds like the church certainly is changing and maybe you're getting left behind! Compare and contrast.

The True Self, who we objectively are in God, is prior and superior to any issues of gender, culture or sexuality, which are all "accidental" to one's foundational core as a child of God. This is why it is pure heresy to call a transgendered, gay or lesbian person "intrinsically disordered." (The intrinsic foundation of the human person is given by God and untouchable by any human intervention whatsoever.) - Fr. Richard Rohr, 1999

“I think God would ask of the homosexual relationship exactly what God asks of the heterosexual relationship : truth, faithfulness, long-suffering, and the continuing forgiveness of the other. “Against these there is no law!” (Gal. 5.23) It’s amazing how we are willing to avoid modelling and living these demanding virtues in favour of judgments about mere physicality that we can more easily measure, punish, and mandate. As others have said, the church continually slips into “spiritual materialism” while calling materialism a sin in others.” - Fr. Richard Rohr, 1999

versus

"...there is a new word for homosexual marriage so as to preserve that word for what it means. The new word is unun and it stands for unnatural union." - oconnem, 2013

"This is what I have been espousing for some time. Leave the word marriage as it is and for what it means. Come up with a new word for homosexual union and I even had a suggestion--"unun". Gay people could get "ununed". This word is derived from two words--unnatural union." - oconnem, 2013

Heresy, no less. Looks like Rohr has a militant streak in him too. Appreciate your reading suggestion.
    Last edited by perseng: 06/11/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.