Between 1970 and 2008, the world warmed at an approximately...

1. 41,578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

Between 1970 and 2008, the world warmed at an approximately linear rate – by 0.18C per decade.

However, in recent years, the rise in global surface temperatures has climbed above this long-term trend, with eight of the past nine years showing warming levels above what would be expected given the historical warming rate.

In December 2022, former NASA scientist Dr James Hansen and colleagues published a preprint(later published as a peer-reviewed paper in 2023) projecting an acceleration in the rate of warming over the next few decades. Hansen and colleagues argued that the rate of warming would increase to between 0.27C and 0.36C per decade – or a 50-to-100% increase in the warming rate since 1970 – over the next 30 years.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-why-the-recent-acceleration-in-global-warming-is-what-scientists-expect/

theres too much information for me to post a refutation of Ridd on HC. the only thing I ever ask of climate denialism is to read more widely.

I've read Ridd's comments before. I decided for myself that he was ignoring the actually data and physics. its the physics and the observations that show the problem we refer to as global warming.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.