The three major supermarkets are open here in town . One was...

1. 17,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    The three major supermarkets are open here in town . One was opened the next day from memory . Woolies in Airlie . Most people are over the shock and just doing what they do . We have friends coming back over the days so they always quite shocked when they get to their homes .

The shops have gone pretty quite again with customers i guess . There is slow down of stuff coming into the town as other areas have had get help . But they are still stocking things on shelves.

As long as you live simply there is no problem . We have always so we just buy the little things we need etc . For us its costing very little in any extras or inconvenience really after the water and sewage was working again was the big one that had me worried .

The councils and govnuts just work to the emergency stuff they prepare and do a good job . We havnt been out of town and just help out with friends etc . Have few drinks etc at end of day around the barby or whatever the night time meal is going be . Today we are just taking it easy .

To be honest for me im happy and the partner has no concerns with how we have live without electricity and normal services . I did feel like a meat pie though when at the shops today !

A bag or two of ice each day is good and there has been plenty of ice about . Cold drinks is a bonus when roughing it . Some people have got ocean views now also which they didnt before with foliage gone .I do think some over react when getting to the shops and possibly buy to much when there is enough go around . I had to laugh at some of the Asians as they forage around looking for the good coconuts among the fallen trees .

I bet they dont feel the effects food wise as some westerns do. Noodles and stuff is there staple already . We have had a few good dishes thats for sure and we dont have to .

Ive not watched listened to much news but gee its a pity people have lose their lives when perhaps it could be prevented ? And pay heed to the warnings . I listened to some lady south of here who didnt but survived with her family after refusing evacuation she reckons never again .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.