DAX up to the minute commentary, page-12

1. 5,874 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    US was down overnight and DAX flat, so my preference is down given the current dramas, although I note that US futures are up. IG has DAX 0.34% up as at 6:49 pm, so I'll be looking to short again if it gets too high.

thornburn, I tried indicators, and I just find them confusing. I have found candle patterns, moving averages, and standard trend analysis (higher/lower highs/lows) to be clear and simple. What indicator do you use? What’s the GDAX?

gse1963, ASX200 is good, but only for one trade per day, I reckon. FTSE is useless in my experience. Often goes against  the rest of Europe and it’s slow. IG and CMC let you trade DAX in AUD, and you can do $2 per pip. I use 10 sec chart because it is surprisingly less stressful. When I was watching the 1 minute or 5 minute, I would be on the edge of my seat waiting for the candle to complete. Then I’d be late on the trade. And I would have less info (6 candles less info even on the 1 minute chart). Also, focusing on one timeframe rather than many helps to avoid being the jack of all trades master of none.

Flemster, DAX over-reacts beautifully, so it’s the best overall. But I will take a look at France. Why do you think it’s a short?
    Last edited by LeeKing: 07/01/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.