Lol 64eheh. I did reply to you on the arvo thread but if you...

1. 32,460 Posts.
    Lol 64eheh. I did reply to you on the arvo thread but if you want to embarrass yourself go ahead.

I know that most people don't 'get' the simple principle of DTing and taking profits to enhance returns so I don't try too hard to 'educate' these days.

When I first turned up on this thread I didn't understand what DTing was about either. I was also a mug stock picker/long term dreamer. But I quickly realised that some of the posters, espc PJ Simon, were doing something very interesting. They were taking advantage of the opps presented by online trading and the ability to get charts and data whenever you wanted. They were daytrading.

I didn't know exactly how they were doing it but I could see they were doing better than me. So, instead of being a Philistine/Luddite I took my time to ask questions and find out wtf they doing. PJ Simon spent many weekends answering my questions.

Even after I understood the principles it took quite a while for me to unlearn all the bad habits I had picked up over many years of being a mushroom investor. I still struggle a bit today and it was only over the last couple of years that I fully unloaded the dogs stocks that I had carried around with me for years in vain hope.

But I'm quite happy to have disproved the adage "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". Yeh, my charts are pretty basic and I don't even use IRESS half the time, but my trading methods are right at the cutting edge. And I can chew gum at the same time.

You don't want to be the naked savage about to go to war with this new bloke whose turned up with a strange metallic stick thing in his hands do you?

Always happy to answer questions.

OBJ. Opened 13c closed 11c. Self explanatory.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.