Ive been it that situation... served with a bankruptcy notice...

1. 12,525 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Ive been it that situation... served with a bankruptcy notice from AussieX for T3 trading losses that I couldnt repay - about $12k I think.

Managed to negotiate a payment arrangement at last minute of $300 per month until debt was paid off

I never earned a large income from gardening to T3 was the only way I could see myself getting out of my hole ($150k in credit card debt from cash withdrawals to cover previous T3 losses as well to contend with... (tried applying for every credit card there was to repay latest AussieX T3 debt but I had exhausted all options, even loan sharks and Cash Converters wouldn't lend me money.)

I was also permenantly banned from all Comsec and AussieX trading platforms because of all the late payments on T3 debts.

But I knew I need to keep trying (parents not in position to lend me money either)

So I convince my girlfriend to open up a T3 account in her name and we'll split profits

Lost heaps again over and over, borrowed money from mates on pretence of desperate car repairs to repay her T3 debts on time because no way was I sullying her name and risking relationship (never told her about the losses on her account, just repaid them into her stock account with borrowed money from friends.)

Then along came tech boom... and PSY

PSY was a T3 trade on my girlfriends account (she had no money to invest either)

Hence my small PSY position was bought the day before my PSY post on HC, last roll of the dice.

My share of profits from PSY allowed me to participate in the burgeoning tech boom, then the graphite boom, where I made really good money on WMN, WMNOA, MTA, MTAO, GBE and a bunch of others I uncovered.

I used to tell a lot of lies on HotCopper - but those lies were limited to my disclosure at the bottom of my posts...

Often when my sentiment read "buy and held" my real position was "buy and not held"

Classic case of "faking it until you make it"

Even when I had no money and no T3 access I was posting and researching more than ever... truly an obsession.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.