Daytraders Weekend Aftermarket Lounge 22nd - 25th May, page-406

1. 10,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 896
    dont usually look in here.....some interesting "confessions"......
    yep.....if you've never lost money, you havent really traded!.....not saying i'm an old fart or anything, but i notice a few young boils & goils here who are yet to experience a true bear market, and how utterly soul destroying it is....worse too, if you depend on it to trade......
    i did about 50k in the GFC.....just after i quit a crappy job to go "wanderlust".....the most pain ever was seeing "good quality" yield stocks ( which were to be my income ), absolutely decimated.....IIF(reit) from $2.40 to 16c.......BAO ....$1+ to 4c.........WBC....$14 !.....the list goes on......unlisted reit's, some just vapourised, some, i'm still waiting for them to wind up.......hedge funds (ugh!!), whatever happened to them..... you watch a market like that in utter disbelief that values can be so ruthlessly destroyed.....stop losses , what was the point!! ( still wouldnt know how to set one up!!)
    luckily, it was my own money, not someone elses...........beware the next rout, if cannot play with your own dough!!.....it will be good for a while......but the seeds are sown........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.