agreed, well this is the exact reason I chose eSIGNAL anyway,...

1. 8,067 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    agreed, well this is the exact reason I chose eSIGNAL anyway, it's just hard to justify for new traders if they are struggling to break even or running at a loss

I guess on that note, he should know that along with good charting software it's also ideal to have a good scanner, and as you say 'learn how to use it'

Paritech seems pretty good as far as scanners go for the ASX but doesn't have real-time results unfortuantley so you aren't going to be able to scan for things like - stocks that are gapping up pre-market which is good to know when day trading. I use Trade-ideas for the NYSE/NASDAQ(again not cheap, around $1000 for yearly sub) but it can't be used for the ASX and it seems there is nothing for the ASX that is as professional as this(not that I've found thus far anyway, and the Trade-ideas team have told me they have no immediate plans to branch out to other markets).

Haspete, Maybe you can shine some light on the best ASX scanner that you know of that gives real-time results including pre-market ask/bids

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.