In the 80's not sure why my Dad had invested in the markets - He...

1. 12,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 377
    In the 80's not sure why my Dad had invested in the markets - He had been an owner driver in a concrete truck for years, I think maybe it became a big thing back then- the older guys can probably explain that- then came the crash late 80's I will never forget the news at that time---
    The watching in horror....

He must have held and recovered somehow- not sure- I have a sneaky suspicion he invested in gold ncm- and made up the loss and then was able to support himself.. for the rest of his life- he had MS

He grew up in Perth- so I also assume that is why he was interested in mining companies.
    I have spent the last year trying to retrace his ideas....

When I came back from my travels I had a bit of money- Mum at that time encouraged me to buy into the Telstra float-
    It went up- I sold at the top - I did have etrade at the time and did a few other trades using a website back then called investorweb @Endless remembers that to lol! I had luck but other pressing issues a small daughter single parent made me be sensible. I  took my money and built a house on my block of land Sth coast NSW (Gods other country)

I had bought the land with my savings from all the years working O.S. So funny I lived in Sweden everything was so expensive there- I just saw always how much it was worth if I saved!!

After a then very busy time in between----My daughter was in dire straights by 2010 lung transplant massive Rehab
    - I had a son with my partner - and we had bought a 25 acre farm together -

Dad died the day my daughter was discharged from hospital- but I did not have time to think about it - If I was smart I would have just sold his portfolio there and then- I was the only one of us (three sisters) that could crack his passwords and get into his etrade account -
    I was not aware as I was too busy ---Right out of the loop the markets were in fact crashing- ho hum when the portfolio eventually landed - it was worth 1/5 which was still ok... but still no time----
    Then I realised that it was at the bottom- still busy and annoyed I did not sell immediately- but threw it in the bottom draw as then there was a very bad breakup happening complete with all the bells and whistles---

Then sept last year TLM went gangbusters- I had no idea- as still busy with drama- I looked and thought Gee - should sell that- but the investor in me had to go figure out what was going on- So quickly searched the web for good forums-

Ah signed up on HC

I read the threads did some research and to be honest had to get my head around a lot of maps and grams per ton- stuff-
    interesting- I have never found it boring- but then came the long wait- and in the meantime I got busy reading all the different threads- and also stalked every poster on HC I have found stuff that is ten years old--
    I always go and read a lot of what everyone posts in their history- It gives good insight into what they really know and to me words are such a window into reading personality/knowledge- I can usually guess roughly what age a poster is- And for all you young ones age does matter-

But I Do love and respect youth- as you all have your fingers on the pulse- so the two are complimentary and you young ones have a great knowledge of what is going on in the tech space- All info is worthy....

Then I became bored just checking the TLM thread and actually for the first time in 20 years no one needed me to look after them intensively-
    So off I went reading everything- STT was and is a wealth of knowledge- Then I started watching the DT thread- Cause it was always happening during the daytime---

At first it was hard to decipher- but after a few months it slowly unfogged- And people would talk back to me on here- @higo - has also mentioned that -
    @mitta is relentless in her kindness and Skill with TA - And also her calls are so accurate in general- that it lead me to become very interested-

IN fact this is the one tool that out performs everything- it is what day trading is about in my view - fa knowledge helps - but the real daytraders could really trade anything with out even knowing what they are trading- almost imo

After picking off the dead wood in Dad's portfolio I used this money to DT with- and really you don't get the same lesson's unless it is with real money !!

Also the one that can't be named- at first before I really watched I  thought a lot was ramping- but on close
    further examination- after months of following- well we have possibly lost one of our greats - due to envy and arrogance- nuff said-

Had a few epic wins and copped a few hard losses - all in all that money is still in tact-And the lawyers get paid so I guess I'm in front slightly....

I am so very interested in TA learning now - and watching endlessly over months is the only way to learn- how things just ebb and flow on the market-
    I love the market- it is a beast with everyone playing their games- It is gambling - However it is not just betting on red or black- those with brains knowledge and instinct can win---
    I like that it is endless and complex-

This thread is gold - so many great smart people - love it that some of the lurkers have come out and talked this weekend-
    Maybe even our greats will remind us new ones why they are revered- Come on

We have proved that we can solve any problem and take care of all Questions - oh yes trading ones too- keep going-

It's like a relay just keep the Batten in the race

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.