Daytrading Aug 21 Morning

1. 32,461 Posts.
    Morning all. Thanks HLL and team.

Greetings to new posters and watchers in the peanut gallery.

NB: We only have 52 rules on here. One of them is to leave your ego at the door.

I suddenly realised that since we started the DT thread, world markets are not basket cases cos of the GFC, PIGS and general economic panic, any more. In fact they are booming. Funny how things creep up on you.

I'm quite happy for most market amateurs to NOT be DTers. So I won't try and encourage anyone. But I was pleased to see that quite a few posted that they had taken profits on VRX after it spiked on a no news run. I like the VRX story but it had broken one of the biggie rules of DTing imo. I did a bit of prodding so maybe I planted the seed of doubt in some!? Do I feel guilty? :<

Anyway, if VRX runs from open and you miss out on $$$$$$ thousands you can take comfort in the fact the Endless thinks you did the right thing. :D

Seriously tho. You need to look at stocks objectively and follow rules. If you start thinking that each stock is a special case, then go to the LT threads. What happens in these situations "most of the time"? You know I'm right.

Mr Market does allow you to buy back in if the situation warrants.

Same deal with CVN. Go and find me a chart of a stock that runs harder the second day with no news. Lotsa peeps were calling runs to 50c etc.

Gee, we haven't sat here DTing for 5 years and not picked up some of the basics. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day it's not about being right, it's about getting most cash for least risk.

Check open orders

Take profits and losses

Happy Trades

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.