But why is DFAT handing trade unions $2.4M (last year) to fund...

1. 19,465 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 481
    But why is DFAT handing trade unions $2.4M (last year) to fund child minding for women in Beiruit so they can have free time without the kids?

YES, the above is correct
    your not dreaming where are my hard earned Taxes going
    or has maybe some one in the ATO stolen my taxes

but first, good morning boys and girls and those some where in between

if some one was to say, the Australian government and its bloated so called public service have good off the rails, as in gone stark raving mad, Then they would be 100% correct !

read this and then you will think like numbers are
    turnbull was lying about there being a Debt problem and his need to steal the Aged Pension from the Aged Australian
    AND NOW gives it away, Aust Taxes to the .... Unions.. yes that's right and then to mothers in Beiruit

its time to start a super close hard look at ALL Government Departments, starting with the ATO
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the amazing Seeker of Truth for the tip on this madness.
    Surely to God this must be the last straw for Bishop.
    If Australian unionists want to contribute money to help people in the West Bank or Gaza - they should go for their lives!
    But why is DFAT handing trade unions $2.4M (last year) to fund child minding for women in Beiruit so they can have free time without the kids?
    On 10 May 2017 DFAT released this statement
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    (this can be seen on the link provided)

Union Aid Abroad - APHEDA’s Early Education and Women's Empowerment project supports vulnerable refugee camp communities in Beirut. Along with their partner in Lebanon, Union Aid Abroad - APHEDA have supported education and women’s empowerment in Beirut’s refugee camps for more than two decades.
    This project provides early childhood education and promotes social and educational development for children with disabilities. Refugee children in Bourj Al Bourajneh camp are provided with essential early education to promote their educational success in the UNRWA school system.
    The project also empowers women through holistic casework, practical support and education. It provides mothers with free time to engage in paid or domestic labour.
    The project has allowed hundreds of children access their right to education, been a place for women to meet and create support networks, welcomed Syrian refugees fleeing war with practical support and been a hub for organising health and social campaigns in the camp. A total of 523 people, including 214 women and 153 girls (48 with disability) are expected to be supported by this project in 2016-2017.
    This project is led by Union Aid Abroad - APHEDA and is funded through Australian Aid from the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP). In 2015-16 through the ANCP, Australian Aid supported 19 NGOs to deliver 9 projects in 20 countries focusing on supporting early childhood development and women’s empowerment
    ------------------------------------------
    DFAT EXTRACT ENDS - but I'm just winding up!!!!!!
    I have no idea why Bishop and her department think it's essential for Australian taxpayers to fund women's empowerment in Beiruit.
    Nor can I see the rationale for Australia's taxpayers to borrow money so Beiruit women can have holistic casework, practical support and education.
    And it's really making me fume to think of Australian workers paying taxes to provide Beiruit "mothers with free time to engage in paid or domestic labour".
    Even if we should be funding this crap in Beiruit - what genius in Bishop's department thought it's a good idea to give Australian taxpayer money to Australian trade unions so they can go and spend it in the Middle East.
    YES - THE MONEY GOES TO AUSTRALIAN TRADE UNIONS.

http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/201...jects-include-for-free-time-for-beiruit-.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.